Swaffham Town Council
2017 Christmas Event
Christmas Lights Switch On 1st December 2pm – 8pm
Market from 2pm, Lights Switch on - 6pm, musical entertainment and fun fair throughout the event.
Swaffham Town Centre will be hosting the annual Christmas Lights Switch On event.
- The Market Place will be covered with stalls selling festive treats and gifts, refreshments, hot food and sweet stalls.
- Many of the local shops and businesses will be open and trading during the event and the funfair is also coming to town with rides and games for all ages.
- An array of entertainment will be ringing out from the Buttercross - music from Fakenham Town Band, popular local musician and vocalist Senor Momento, the Thursford Steam Organ as well as local schools and choirs entertaining the crowds with festive music.
- Father Christmas will be greeting children in his grotto at the Arts Lounge (next to the Assembly Rooms), with characters and face painters from Arnie’s Attic helig to entertain.
- Once you have seen Father Christmas why not go and say hello to the real reindeers - being looked after in Plowright Place, just next to the Market Place.
There is free parking available in the Theatre Street and Station Street car parks, both close to the Town centre.
There is a road closure along the first part of Lynn Street on the West side of the market place from 6am to 10pm.
Further information contact: Claire Smith, Deputy Town Clerk, 01760 722922 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“The Town Clerk, Richard Bishop said “This is the time of year when we appreciate the efforts of our fantastic volunteers in Swaffham, their help brings these community events together. This is the second year the Town Council and Swaffham Trade Association have worked together on the Christmas Lights Event and we hope everyone comes along and enjoys the festive cheer – one of the highlights in our calendar.””