Assets & Open Spaces Committee
Consisting of the Mayor & Deputy Mayor as ex-officio members, plus five Councillors
- The Assets and Open Spaces Committee ( formerly Estates, Heritage Museum/Town Hall & Site Maintenance Committee to meet on a quarterly meeting cycle (or as and when required), to ensure that issues are dealt with swiftly and management issues relating to the Estates and Open Spaces are resolved satisfactorily. In certain circumstances deadlines may be extended to coincide with scheduled Committee meetings.
- All day to day or week to week management issues are dealt with by the Town Council staff.
LEAD OFFICER: Deputy Town Clerk.
- The Assets and Open Spaces Committee will cover Estate Buildings Management and Maintenance issues relating to all Council owned, leased or rented Property.
- The Committee shall deal with matters relating to Service Level Agreements, Lease agreements, Rental agreements, Landlord/Tenant issues and charges relating to buildings that come under their remit.
- The Committee will deal with issues referred where policy is either unclear or does not exist.
- The Committee to annually inspect or receive reports following an annual inspection of all buildings under their remit and take appropriate remedial action.
- The Committee will promote the use of Council owned, leased or rented property via the Swaffham Newsletter, the Town Council website and social media.
- The Committee shall initiate develop and oversee grant applications for improvement projects; followed by project management for the delivery, if the application is successful. Match funding for such projects would need to be approved by the full Council, as would any expenditure that would add to future revenue costs.
- NON-VOTING ADVISORY REPRESENTATIVE MEMBERS: Iceni Partnership, SCALGA, Tenant at Sues News
The Council shall liaise with Swaffham Heritage at a bi-annual meeting to discuss all joint issues in relation to managing and maintaining the Town Hall, the management of the TIC service level agreement and the collection of artefacts stored or displayed within the Town Hall.